Welcome


In creating this blog, I hope to share with other like-minded people my interest in observing and intuiting earth changes, such as earthquakes and other natural activity, before they may occur.
Instead of using the words prophecy, prediction and/or pre-empting, I tend to use the word ‘feeling’ or ‘feelings’ to describe the inklings I get regarding potential earthquakes and other earthly events.
Since I was a small child my intuition and feelings prior to numerous earthly ‘events’ were confirmed as time passed. Now, I am not always correct. I am no great wise one with infinite abilities to foresee events.
I hope to post interesting links, Youtube videos and my own observations/feelings regarding earthquakes, volcanoes and such.
One thing I'd like to add here, is that I am aware that some earthquake and other natural events can adversely affect many people and their communities. So whatever I add to this blog is not for reasons of sensationalism or for satisfaction of confirmation of any 'feelings' I may have about events. I always am considerate and empathetic to/of the impact of such things.
Please feel free to send me links of interest or comment on my own content.
So, those of you who find my blog, I hope you enjoy visiting here.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

August 18th 2012 – next 48 hours (Melbourne time from 4pm)


There have been a couple of locations that I haven’t referred to in the last post, which are ‘regulars’ for experiencing M2’s – e.g., Nevada and Romania.
I felt that the UK may pop up with an M1+, but the Netherlands (‘next-door’) experienced the tremor instead (M3+).
Many of the other regions I had ‘feelings’ about have experienced tremors/quakes of various magnitudes.
At the time of typing this post, my ‘feelings’ about Ethiopia/Kenya and the south of Africa (ridge) have not occurred and some of the US inland states haven’t experienced the M2’s I felt they may. Oklahoma has experienced an M3+ a few days after I ‘felt’ it would.

I have decided to refine the layout of my ‘feelings’ list somewhat, to make it a little easier to read. The headings will be by regions and may change it further as I go.

Regions which may be being affected by newest (as of 8th to 14th August 2012) volcanic activity are – 
Monowai Seamount (Kermadec islands)
Soufrierre Hills (Montserrat, Caribbean Sea)
Tongariro (North Island New Zealand)
White Island (north/eastern area of the North Island of New Zealand)
Regions experiencing ongoing activity are -
Batu Tara, Komba Island (Indonesia)
Cleveland, Chuginadak Island
Fuego, Guatemala
Galeras, Colombia
Karymsky, Eastern Kamchatka (Russia)
Kilauea, Hawaii (USA)
Nevado del Ruiz, Colombia 
Popocatépetl, México
Reventador, Ecuador
Sakura-jima, Kyushu 
Shiveluch, Central Kamchatka (Russia)
Soputan, Sulawesi
Tungurahua, Ecuador

(the list above noted courtesy of the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History)

Australia – maybe an M2 in S/E Victoria and another in S/W Western Australia and Bass Strait.

Africa - ? N/W Arabian Sea M3+

America (North) – Kansas, Colorado, Texas, Montana, Washington, Nevada maybe an M2+.
Oklahoma/Arkansas/Missouri border region M2’s and maybe an M3+.
Between Florida and east Virginia is still slightly sticking with me atm.

The California regions will continue to rumble with M1’s, M2’s and the odd M3 near the coast. I still ‘feel’ an M3+ is possible off the coast of California and Mexico.

America (South) – Antofagasta; near Ecuador; between Costa Rica and Guatemala; west of Bolivia; south of Santiago (Chile); south/west of Conception (Chile) may (but not all locations) experience an M3+.

Near Easter Island may again pop up with an M3+ (not strong feeling though). Maybe this may instead be a ridge in the South Pacific near this region.

Puerto Rico/Dominican Republic/British Virgin Islands -  may feel an M3+

Sandwich Islands – not a strong feeling for an M3+.

Hawaii – sporadic M1/M2 rumbles. Possible M3+.

The Pacific Islands – New Hebrides (M2+???); Fiji M3+, Samoa M3+, Tonga M3+, Kermadec M3++??, Solomon M3+.

New Zealand North Island – N/E of N/Island M3+. Centre M3??

New Zealand South Island – north and south regions M3(+??)

Papua New Guinea – near Bismarck Arch M3+??.  And west of PNG.
This note has been added at 9.35am, August 20th, Melbourne time.
PNG, near the Bismark Sea/Arch has experienced an M6+. This area has been strongly 'sticking' with me and I felt that the magnitude may be greater than the M3+ I noted - hence the "??" I typed after the "M3+" above.
I hope that this community has not been adversely affected. 

Indonesia – faint feelings around the Java Sea, M3+??
Sulawesi, Indonesia, has experienced an M6.6. This just north of where I was feeling that there may be one occuring. I had a feeling that this region including the other regions that have experienced M4+'s was going to be very active today. My faint feeling regarding Indonesia was due being undecided as to how substantial the size of the quake would be. Unfortunately it has been quite susbstantial. Hope all communities are safe.
My feelings regarding the west of Sumatra were expressed in my previous post - for the potential of M3+'s. 

Philippines (given the movement occuring on the western side of the ROF, there may be a possibility of the Philippines experiencing a tremor) I failed to fill in this part of my post earlier.

Taiwan – west of Taiwan and east of Thailand, an M3+???

China (west)/Mongolia (south-west)/ Tibet (south)?? M3+’s

Russia – far south west and far south east, maybe an M3 and M3+ respectively.

India – north border with Pakistan, maybe an M3 (+??)

Kazakhstan – south west and perhaps east, M3 (+??)

Tajikistan/Kyrgyzstan (east) – maybe an M3(+??)

Turkey – will probably continue to rumble with M2’ishes and the odd M3+.

Iran/Iraq (north west of Iraq) an M3(+??) and north/west Iran M3++

Afghanistan – maybe north/east, M3+

Caspian Sea and surrounds – maybe an M3

Spain/Canary Islands – maybe another M3 or M3+

United Kingdom regions – maybe an M2

Sweden/Norway/Finland - maybe an M2 in one of these regions, but not particularly strong on feelings here.

Ukraine and north through to Estonia – maybe an M2, no strong feelings atm.

Germany (maybe an M2)/Belgium(?)/Netherlands(maybe an M2)

Italy – the odd M2, maybe an M3+ near Naples.

Greece – may still experience the odd M2’s and possibly an M3+

Japan/Kuril islands maybe an M4 (ish)

Alaska/Aleutian Islands – will continue to rumble with M1’s, M2’s and the odd M3+.  I get a faint feeling the Aleutian stretch may feel an M4+.

Canada – west of Vancouver, again, may feel another M3. NW British Columbia may feel an M2, and SW and maybe central Yukon may feel an M2. Central/west of the Northwest Territories may feel an M2. I have changed the 'east of Vancouver' to the 'west of Vancouver', because I keep saying east when I mean west.
Just checked the feeds (been away this arvo), after adding the above note (re: east to west change) I have discovered that the west of Washington, near the Canadian (south of Vancouver) border has had an M5+. This is exactly the region I felt it would occur

Poland/Romania -  may continue to feel a sporadic M2 respectively. Romania may feel an M3 (+??).

Czech (maybe an M2)/Austria (maybe an M1+)/Slovakia (?)

Iceland (and surrounds) – may feel an M3+.

Arctic region – NW of Finland (sea), faint feeling of an M3+.

Antarctic region – no ‘feelings’ happening at the moment, but could be one of those surprise ridge/plate movements.

Sea ridges/rises and other – the Northand South Atlantic ridges may move again. I still get a feeling for a ridge in the South pacific.

This is an extensive list and a few of these M’s (and their regions) mentioned may not occur. These are just feelings and not predictions.   



No comments:

Post a Comment